CLICK the “GETTING STARTED” tab on the Top Menu to find out How to Start Today!
The Quick Explanation of CrossFit:
- Workouts include but not limited to – Olympic Movements, Gymnastic Movements and Metabolic Condition
- Expect to Run…Sprint…Row…Bike…Throw…Push…Pull…Flip…Hit…Swing…Jump…Carry in a variety of different movements.
- Workouts are never the same.
- Workouts are always timed, scored and thrives on competition. CrossFit is a Sport.
- Geared towards all fitness levels. CrossFit will probably be the hardest workout you have ever had. Keep in mind that this is used by the Navy Seals, Marines and also soccer moms and dads. Ever grandmas and grandpas! So when you’re thinking, “I can’t do this!”, some grandma or grandpa out there is kicking butt in CrossFit!
- Mentality is more important than ability.
- You never get bored.
- It never get’s easy.
The Long Explanation of CrossFit:
CrossFit is a core strength and conditioning program designed to optimize physical competence in each of ten recognized fitness domains. The fitness domains include Cardiovascular and Respiratory endurance, Stamina, Strength, Flexibility, Power, Speed, Coordination, Agility, Balance, and Accuracy. Our training employs constantly varied, functional movement executed at a high level of intensity. By constantly varying the workouts your body is left guessing, requiring it to regularly adapt to the training stimulus. The sessions remain physically and mentally challenging and more importantly, your progress will remain plateau free. Functional movements are essential, everyday movements that are done in real life. Standing from a seated position, safely picking something up off the ground, and putting an object up over your head are all examples of functional movements. These movements, move large loads, long distances in a short amount of time, and promote lean muscle gain and a reduction of body fat. All the same, you’ll move better and pain free in your everyday lives. Finally, the high intensity component is the shortcut to quick results. All the good stuff in fitness comes through intensity. Our workouts are scaled so that each individual is able to train at their own high intensity no matter what their current fitness level. With that saying, we train hard.
Our athletes are trained to bike, run, swim, and row at short, middle, and long distances guaranteeing exposure and competency in each of the three main metabolic pathways. We incorporate gymnastics, from rudimentary to advanced movements, garnering great capacity at controlling the body both dynamically and statically while maximizing strength to weight ratio and flexibility. Kettlebells, Olympic weightlifting, and powerlifting are also used to develop an athlete’s explosive power, control of external objects, and mastery of critical motor recruitment patterns. With all these training tools, we produce a well rounded athlete that excels at all aspects of fitness. We produce an athlete that is able to control both their own body in space, as well as the objects in space around their body in short energy tasks, long energy tasks and all those in between. Our specialty is not specializing. We’ll prepare you for any fitness task that is thrown your way.
CLICK the “GETTING STARTED” tab on the Top Menu to find out how to Start Today!